Aircrafts surroundings, categorised Vehicles & Individuals Tracking for apRon's Activity model interpretation & ChecK
AVITRACK aims at producing a powerful decision-aid tool for airport actors concerned by turnover operations. Such tool will improve their global performance, for each of their specific domains of activity.
AVITRACK is developing an intelligent survey system on the apron, addressing aircraft, vehicles and people's presence and movements.
The system automatically checks the sequence and timing of movements on the airport apron. It monitors the aircraft parking zone where individuals, objects and vehicles can be identified and tracked. Therefore, it built a real-time three-dimensional representation of activities and movements, which can be interpreted by an intelligent computer program.
AVITRACK addresses three specific strategic priorities:
AVITRACK reports information for supervision in real time but also for post analysis. Thanks to this tool, each decision-maker will be given the potentiality to react more rapidly and precisely.
- Strengthening competitiveness: Optimisation of the ground handling operation and thus of the airport resources.
- Safety: Check of the respect of specific rules around aircrafts for the safety of passengers, individual, aircrafts and equipments.
- Security: Tracking of abnormal behaviours of peoples and vehicles around the aircraft.
- Avitrack is a STREP project (Specific Targeted Research Project) partially funded by the European commission under the Sixth Framework Programme.
Ref: DG-RTD, Aeronautics and Space. FP6-2002-Aero-1, Priority 1.4.
- Avitrack is supported by the aeroscratch network dedicated to SMEs working in Aeronautics Industry.
Project Homepage: http://www.avitrack.net/ (external link)
Last modified: 2005-07-05